Modern day men desire stylish backpacks, which fit into the various activities they engage in – from work to play. Backpacks can more than just transport your prized laptop and other gadgets to the office and back safely. They also can be used for that hiking weekend with your friends.
Owning a good backpack is very convenient as you can switch from using it during official functions to using it for social events. It is, therefore, important to choose the right backpack to suit your needs (and your pocket, of course).
Before buying a backpack, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you need one with wheels and handles?
- Do you want a sling strap backpack or one with shoulder straps?
- Do you want one with or without a laptop compartment?
- Do you need a carry-on this?
- Would you prefer one with side pockets?
Choosing a good product can not only create a fashion statement but will be good for your health (especially your back and shoulders!) You will also be better organized. It is important to consider the questions above in order to choose the backpack that will meet your needs.
But in case you want something more specific, like backpacks for fishing, you are welcome to visit the appropriate page. After all, fishing is considered a manly hobby.
Let us look at some of the best backpacks for men and why each one is unique
The Ogio Renegade is a gadget inspired backpack made of sturdy nylon fabric. It fits most 15″ laptops and has an extra padding on the shoulder straps for added comfort. It has well-constructed, heavy-duty zippers which will be used for a long time without breaking. The backpack also contains an extra layer of padding such that, in the event of accidentally dropping the bag, be assured that the chance of your gadgets breaking is very minimal. It also has a number of pockets for gadgets that won’t fit the main compartment. In addition, all the pockets have zippers to prevent accidental dropping of contents except the bottom pocket, which has mesh.
- This backpack has more pockets compared to other ones
- It has good quality zippers which, can be used for a long time without breaking
- Its big size enables you to carry all your electronics
- Extra padding reduces the chance of electronics breaking in case of accidentally dropping the bag
- The bag exhibits a very good workmanship making the bag look fashionable and professional
- Although the extra padding is an advantage, it also works against it. The padding is overdone which makes it heavier and look bloated
- The thick plastic sheet makes the sidewall and back of the bag rigid. It also adds to the weight of the backpack making it feel heavier than it should be
- The shoulder straps have a smaller amount of padding compared to other ones
- The backpack is expensive
The Rush 24 backpack offers a roomy storage space with two zipped side pockets. It also has a reinforced handle at the top of the bag for carrying on one hand and for hanging up for storage when not in use. A padded hydration pocket is a thoughtful addition for storing your liquids and drinking them on the go. This is a great, durable backpack customized to suit any environment.
- Contains a Velcro name tape for easier bag identification
- It can easily fit under an airplane seat and still leave room space for your feet. It can also fit in the overhead compartments, which is good news for those who travel extensively.
- The backpack can also be used as a carry on hence saves you the hassle of airport luggage control
- It has a thick, durable material which suits all weather types without damaging the contents inside it.
- It has an extremely large main compartment, which has three smaller pockets for added organization of contents
- This one has a sophisticated design with excellent stitching
- It also has a fleece-lined pocket especially for your sunglasses and another fleece lined pocket for anything delicate such as your smartphone
- The backpack is pricey
- It does not have a waist belt
- The grommet holes found at the back bottom of the backpack, which are used for drainage or ventilation make the bag unsuitable for use in cold wet climates especially for gadgets with metal cases as they may get moisture on them
- It has fewer pockets compared to other ones
- It also has a limited variety of colors
This product contains two main compartments and a front accessory zip which has smaller, meshed pockets for holding smaller items like pens. It is made of synthetic material and comes with a padded 12″ laptop sleeve.
- It is available in a variety of colors
- The North Face has comfortable straps which do not dig into the shoulders irrespective of content weight.
- Waterproof material which keeps contents in the bag dry in wet weather conditions or if there is an accidental water spillage
- The bag is made from very durable material, therefore, you are assured of using this bag for a long time
- Great quality zippers which do not break
- Comes with a laptop sleeve
- It has few pockets
- It has limited space which is restrictive
The Gootium Canvas can easily be worn by any man on the go. It can comfortably carry a 7″ tablet, a smartphone and a 17″ laptop. The padded, adjustable shoulder strap makes the Gootium comfortable to use. With the added genuine leather used on the trim of the backpack, you are sure to make a fashion statement.
- It is available in a variety of colors
- The price is quite easy on the pocket
- It is a roomy rucksack that can hold a laptop of up to 17″, and a 7″ tablet
- It is made of durable, excellent quality canvas assuring you of using this one for a long time
- Has a drawstring used to close the main compartment, under the flap which is welcome for those with a dislike for zippers
- Its design is both fashionable and rugged, the ideal combination for the 21st Century man
- It has snaps, which are not durable
- The canvas material is not waterproof consequently not ideal for use in wet weather conditions
- The drawstring used to close the main compartment has to be tied in a knot to avoid the compartment hanging open
- This backpack has no compartment for a laptop
- The Eurosport has a great design
- It has a lot of pockets that you can use to organize the contents of the bag
- The snaps are not durable and tend to fall off
- The loops will keep slipping unless you tie a knot on the strap adjusters
- Shoulder straps tend to dig into the shoulders when content weight is increased
- Main compartment space is limited
- The backpack is not very well stitched. It tends to tear with heavy use
- It does not have a designated laptop compartment